The Vopak WeConnect Foundation supports projects that meet the following criteria
- To empower young people and connect them to the world by:
- Opening up new (professional) horizons and/or increasing future job readiness, and/or
- Inspiring them to work with others across cultures, languages and social backgrounds
- 10 to 24 year olds
- In the communities in which Vopak operates and/or where Vopak employees live
- Project fosters diversity, in particular the participation of girls and underprivileged young people
- Project must be initiated by a Vopak employee or an employee of a Vopak joint venture, who is involved in the project execution
- Project must be approved and supported by the Managing Director of the Vopak location or joint venture
- Support or personal involvement of senior management and HR is recommended
- Involvement of a local partner, like a school or NGO, is mandatory
- Where applicable, involvement of a joint venture partner is strongly recommended
- The Foundation aims to support sustainable projects and build lasting relationships. Projects approved in 2017 may run through 2019.
- Impact is measured; mid-year progress report and year-end report are mandatory. Continuation of multi-year projects is conditional on a positive year-end evaluation.
- Project is in line with the Vopak Values, Code of Conduct and Sustainability Policy; this includes integrity; care for SHE, and being a good