Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 28 April 2005
- Group operating profit for first quarter of 2005 excluding exceptional items increases 22% to EUR 42.2 million (first quarter 2004: EUR 34.7 million)
- Group operating profit of EUR 37.9 million for first quarter of 2005 (first quarter 2004: EUR 36.3 million)
- Vopak expects 2005 group operating profit excluding exceptional items to increase by 6 to 10% (2004: EUR 151.0 million)
- Executive Board Chairman Carel van den Driest to step down on 1 January 2006; John Paul Broeders (Vice-Chairman) will be successor
- Expansion in Europoort (Rotterdam) and new project in Iran
Royal Vopak is a global, independent tank terminal operator specialising in the storage and handling of liquid and gaseous chemical and oil products. Upon request, Vopak can provide complementary logistics services for customers at its terminals. Vopak operates 72 terminals with a storage capacity of more than 20 million cbm in 29 countries. The terminals are strategically located for users and the major shipping routes. The majority of its customers are companies operating in the chemical and oil industries, for which Vopak stores a large variety of products destined for a wide range of industries.