Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 26 August 2005
- Net turnover for first half of 2005 EUR 326.2 million (H1 2004: EUR 322.0 million)
- Group operating profit excluding exceptional items for first half of 2005 EUR 85.1 million (H1 2004: EUR 73.8 million)
- Net profit for shareholders for first half of 2005 EUR 43.3 million (H1 2004: EUR 37.9 million)
- Earnings per share EUR 0.68 (H1 2004: EUR 0.59)
- Outlook: group operating profit excluding exceptional items for 2005 up approximately 10% (2004: EUR 151.0 million)
Royal Vopak is the world’s largest independent tank terminal operator specialising in the storage and handling of liquid and gaseous chemical and oil products. Upon request, Vopak can provide complementary logistics services for customers at its terminals. Vopak operates 72 terminals with a storage capacity of more than 20 million cbm in 29 countries. The terminals are strategically located for users and the major shipping routes. The majority of its customers are companies operating in the chemical and oil industries, for which Vopak stores a large variety of products destined for a wide range of industries.