Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 28 April 2005
The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Koninklijke Vopak N.V. (Royal Vopak) held on 28 April 2005 passed the following resolutions:
- Adoption of the financial statements for the 2004 financial year.
- Approval of the proposal for distribution of a dividend for the 2004 financial year. The dividend will be payable on 25 May 2005. Shareholders will have the choice of receiving the dividend entirely in ordinary shares charged to the share premium account or entirely in cash at EUR 0.50 per ordinary share. After 2 May 2005, Vopak’s shares will be listed ex-dividend on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Approval of the Corporate Governance structure and Corporate Governance policy of the company.
- Endorsement of the Executive Board’s conduct of the company’s affairs and endorsement of the supervision exercised by the Supervisory Board.
- Amendment of the company’s remuneration policy.
- Appointment of Mr F.D. de Koning to the Executive Board for a period of four years.
- Amendment of the remuneration of the members of the Supervisory Board.
- Designation of the Executive Board for a period of 18 months as the competent body to acquire for valuable consideration fully paid-up ordinary shares in the company.
- Reappointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers Accountants N.V. as the company’s external auditor and engagement of them to examine the financial statements for the 2005 financial year.
Royal Vopak is a global independent tank terminal operator specialising in the storage and handling of liquid and gaseous chemical and oil products. Upon request, Vopak can provide complementary logistics services for customers at its terminals. Vopak operates 72 terminals with a storage capacity of more than 20 million cbm in 29 countries. The terminals are strategically located for users and the major shipping routes. The majority of its customers are companies operating in the chemical and oil industries, for which Vopak stores a large variety of products destined for a wide range of industries.