The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Koninklijke Vopak N.V. (Royal Vopak) on 27 April 2006 passed the following resolutions:
- Adoption of the financial statements for the 2005 financial year.
- Approval of the proposed dividend. A dividend of EUR 0.60 per ordinary share will be distributed wholly in cash on 11 May 2006. As from 2 May 2006, Vopak’s shares will be listed ex-dividend on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Endorsement of the Executive Board’s conduct of the company’s affairs and the Supervisory Board’s supervision thereof during the 2005 financial year.
- Reappointment of Mr J.D.R.A. Bax as member of the Supervisory Board, Mr Bax will continue as chairman of the Board. Appointment of Mr C.J. van den Driest to the Supervisory Board.
- Designation of the Executive Board for a period of 18 months as the competent body to acquire, for valuable consideration, fully paid-up ordinary shares in the company.
- Reappointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers Accountants N.V. as the external auditor of the company and their engagement to examine the company’s financial statements for the 2006 financial year.
Royal Vopak (Vopak) is the world’s largest independent tank terminal operator specialising in the storage and handling of liquid and gaseous chemical and oil products. On request, Vopak can provide complementary logistics services for customers at its terminals. Vopak operates 74 terminals with a storage capacity of more than 20.8 million cbm in 29 countries. The terminals are strategically located for users and the major shipping routes. The majority of its customers are companies operating in the chemical and oil industries, for which Vopak stores a large variety of products destined for a wide range of industries.