The Supervisory Board currently comprises six members and has such number of members as it may decide in accordance with the articles of association. All members qualify as independent except for one as permitted by the Dutch corporate governance code. The remuneration of the members of the Supervisory Board is determined by the general meeting of shareholders.
The size, composition and qualities of the Supervisory Board is aligned with the nature and culture of the company and its status as a listed company.
The Supervisory Board strives for a diverse composition taking into account:
- nationality and ethnic origin
- gender (aiming for at least 30% male and at least 30% female members)
- educational background
- other diversity aspects that may support the functioning of the Supervisory Board
Members of the Supervisory Board are, partly on account of diversity, selected and nominated on the basis of a combination of the following selection criteria:
- general management
- sustainability and environment
- knowledge and experience of Vopak’s business activities and markets
- finance, accounting and auditing
- people and organization
- information technology, digital and innovations
- governance and compliance
- public affairs
- at least one member will be a financial expert
- association with a listed company.
The composition of the Supervisory Board will be such that the combination of experience and expertise of its members will enable the Supervisory Board to perform its duties towards the company and the stakeholders of the company (including its shareholders) in the best possible way.
This profile is effective as of 1 January 2022.